Thursday, July 24, 2008

Kittens

Matt and I added to our little family this week. We adopted two kittens from the Humane Society on Sunday. We have been thinking about doing this for awhile because Matt refuses to get a dog and I'm lonely with just some fish. We went to the humane society to see what was available. We picked out two kittens that we liked and took them in the viewing room and played with them. We decided to fill out the paper work and see what happens. The last time I was at the humane society with my parents looking for a dog and we picked one out and ended up being 7th on the list and 6th for a different dog so I really wasn't expecting anything. I also expected to have to give references. Well the girl was typing in the info and says to me that I have been approved and would I like to continue with adoption? I was pretty shocked that it was that easy. We filled out the paper work and they were ours! We couldn't take them home because they have to send them to the vet to get fixed, when they were sending them directly with the people too many were not getting them fixed.
Monday came and the humane society could not find a soon appointment for the places that we had picked but luckily got an appointment at the vet on Packerland for Tuesday, I didn't really know there was one there! Tuesday afternoon I got a call saying that both kittens were too sick to be operated on and needed to go home with medicine to recover from their colds. The kittens also didn't have a chance to be de-clawed either so the last few days I have been scratched a lot. They are adjusting well to their new home. The first night it was like having a baby, they did not want to go to sleep when I wanted to but I didn't want to lock them out of the bedroom. I ended up having too because they would not leave me alone. I have two scratches on my forehead from one walking on my head! I like having them around though, they are very cute and have lots of energy.

The oldest at 4 months is originally named Celeste but now named Cleo after Cleopatra. She looks kinda Egyptian. She is brown and orange tiger stripped. She is a little more relaxed then the other and kinda more sophisticated.
The younger one at 2 months is Kira. We haven't decided if and what we will re-name her as. She is a very spunky kitten always running around. She is black, brown, orange, and white spotted. Kinda like calico. I'll post some pictures soon so you all can see how cute they are!

2 comments:

Molly Ann said...

eek! they still have claws?! I'm such a wuss...

Jen said...

Update your blog! :)