Well folks, What I thought might never happen has finally happened. On July 3rd, 2008 Matt asked me to marry him and I said Yes! We are both very happy that we have reached this level in our relationship.
This is how it happened: A day before Matt told me I had to find our frizzbe gulf disks because we were going to go with Matt's brother Mark and meet this new girl he met. I didn't really want to go because we had a lot of work to do on the house but I did an all out search for the disks. Right as we were about to leave I found them. So we headed to Pamprin Park and he was all acting weird but I didn't really think about it until afterwards. We get to the park and of course Mark is not there yet so we decided to walk around the park. We start walking towards the tree that we had carved our initials into a few years back and went to see if you could still see it. Well you couldn't so we were just standing and he reached into his pocket . . . I looked at him with a shocked looked because I thought he was probably just being mean and playing a joke but then he actually pulled out a ring. I almost had a heart attack when he got on his knee and asked me the question. I just looked at him in total shock and he said aren't you going to answer? I snapped back and said yes!
It really didn't feel real for a few days I think, its been something I wanted for so long I couldn't believe that it actually has happened.
We haven't picked a specific date yet but we are thinking fall of 2009. We want the reception to be at a hotel so then people can just walk up stairs when they are tired and not drive home drunk and stuff. In the next couple of weeks we will probably check out banquet halls. I also like the color yellow as a color but I want to see styles and other color options before I totally pick. I am very excited about the planning process and for the wedding to actually happen.
Both of our families are also very excited. Joe is a little overwhelmed because his two best friends just got engaged too so there are weddings every where he looks. We are kinda sad about the people in our lives that have already passed and can't enjoy this moment with us in person. We are especially sad about Matt's grandma, she was a very important part of both our lives and we know she would probably have the most fun at the reception. I am sure we will have a special toast for her.
I'll update when more wedding updates come about!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
what a great story! I know I've said it, but just to reiterate: I'm so excited for you guys (and me, 'cause the reception is going to be a BLAST!!!)
I didn't know my brother was capable of being that romantic :P
Post a Comment