This past weekend I went to Peoria with Molly to visit Jen and the family. We also attended a baby shower for her second baby. The weekend was full of bad things and really good things.
The drive down there started out good. I had Matt's GPS so I wouldn't get lost this time but I ran into some different trouble. About half way down there I ran over this large metal thing, there was no way around it. Well there was a huge crash underneath but my car kept going so I didn't think much of it. The next morning I look out the window at my car and there is this huge puddle under it. After I get my car towed to a place to look at it they tell me it was Transmission fluid and the transmission pan was what got majorly banged up and had a hole it in. So the replaced that and I got it back Saturday afternoon. After I got my car back it was still making weird noises. But I made it back to Green Bay OK and had it looked at today. There was also something wrong with the exhaust but they fixed it and I should be good to go now. Hopefully. For a little bit there I was afraid that I was going to have to buy a new car and I totally wouldn't have been able to afford that after buying the house.
This weekend was also exciting because I got to spend time with Jen and Molly which we haven't been able to do in a long time as well as Jen's daughter Madison. I haven't seen Madison in a little under a year so it was great to see how much she has developed. She has such a personality and kinda talks so it made it really fun to spend time with her. Madison loved my cell phone and she kept taking it whenever she saw it laying around. She would open it up and walk around talking to a pretend person on the phone. It was great. Another awesome thing that happened was that Jen had her second baby while we were still there!! She was actually due for a c-section two days after we were supposed to leave but she ended up going into labor and having an emergency c-section done Sunday morning! It was so awesome that I was able to see baby Lincoln before we came back up to Green Bay. Lincoln is so adorable that I just felt like crying when I saw him and after I left. Jen asked me to be Godmother to him and I couldn't be more honored. Jen - I will make sure that I am the best godmother to him ever! I can't wait to see him again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am so glad you got to be here when he was born too! You're 2 for 2 now :) I am sure you will be an excellent godmother too :) Hopefully we'll get a date for the baptism set sometime soon!
Post a Comment