Friday, April 4, 2008

The Stupid Bug

So there is a new virus running rampont right now, I have named it the stupid bug. Many men around me have caught it lately so I am thinking it only affects guys. I started to see this "bug" in my clients last week. All of a sudden I had three clients in jail in one week! I couldn't believe that they could be so stupid for what they got in trouble for. The first one I saw it coming though. He is a super lazy person and hasn't done much to find a job since he got out of prison in December but he finally got a job the other week so I thought things were turning around for him. Eventhough I suspected he was doing drugs and probably selling them too. So turns out he worked one day and then got his SSDI check and decided he didn't have to work anymore. He also failed to report to his probation officer. He is full of lies and acts so helpless, tottaly taking advantage of his depression, anxiety, and learning disorder diagnosises. He also has been sleeping with this girl and I am trying to find out her last name but he can't remember it. He says its because of his learning disability. I'm pretty sure shes using him for drugs and stuff. But whatever! Hes just lucky his landlord isn't evicting him yet.
The second one is a little more serious. He was reporting to his PO and she randomly asked him if he had anyone living with him and he said yes! (He is somewhat cognitively delayed but does know what he is doing) So this is bad for many reasons: he's a sex offender, its an apartment so its against his lease for anyone to move in, our program is paying for the apartment for him not other people. He was just lucky she was 18! So he ends up being put into custody/jail for this reason and the PO goes to the apartment to investigate. This girl was at the apartment and it was obvious she was living there for awhile. The PO also found baby stuff all over the apartment, she said the nucks were for herself to suck on! Client isn't supposed to have any contact with anyone under 18. So hopefully the girl's baby really wasnt' there. So I go visit him in jail and he tells me she has been living there ever since he got the apartment which was at the end of Feburary! He made up so many stupid lies, finally I told him I had to leave because I didn't want to hear his stupidness any more. Oh yeah, he had been sleeping with her which is another thing he can't really do because of his probation rules. Now the girl is pregnant! She thinks its her boyfriends not client. But I guess we will just wait and see! Client is now being revocated and being sent back to prison. Too bad for him.
My other client was bored one afternoon and decided that he would go to the bar by himself and have a drink. Then after he had a beer he went back to his apartment and a friend came over with more beer. It was not his lucky day because his PO happened to be in front of his house when he walked outside sort of drunk! So he got put in jail for a few days. He was lucky though because this was his first offense since he has gotten out of prison and his PO cut him a break. Hopefully he doesn't get bored again!
Another one of my clients is also a sex offender. He went to prison for touching little girls but in prison I guess he turned gay and might like little boys now. His PO told me that client has befriended a 15 year old boy (client is like 40 i think) and is buying this kid cigarettes. Maybe to gain trust for something else? So that is not good news, we will have to keep a closer eye on him.
Oh yeah and my other client that was getting evicted finally left the apartment but totally trashed it in the process. Whatever he didn't want he left in the apartment plus garbage everywhere and food in the fridge. The door also looked liked it was kicked in and broke. So that was nice of him to leave the apartment nicely. I haven't heard from him all week. I wonder why!
So these guys are very much acting stupid, hopefully it passes soon cause I am getting sick of yelling at them for obvious things.

No comments: