Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The New House

Hey everyone, Sorry its been awhile since I last posted but as some of you many know, home ownership sucks and is a lot of work.
Matt and I have had our house for two weeks now and we have done a lot of work. When we first got the house it was in awful condition. The guy basically never cleaned. You should have seen the bathroom!! yuck! Well we cleaned the first weekend and started to paint. Now we have all three bedrooms painted, the main bathroom, and the living room. We ripped out all the floor on the main level. The carpet and flooring was just in horrid condition. Plus it stunk from him smoking in the house and from his dog that he never vaccuumed up the hair. The guy we hired to do the carpet and flooring is pretty much a bum. We thought he would be finished last week but he just never shows up! He said he is going to come tomorrow and work all day but that is what he said the last two days too. So we shall see. What is done is the pading in the three bedrooms and the carpet in the master bedroom. Not having the carpet done in the rest of the rooms is holding us up with being able to move our stuff in. We do have the master bedroom pretty much put together though. Matt found a nice bedroom set on craigs list for $300! It came with a head board, 2 bedside tables, and 2 dressers. Craigs list is a good place to look if you are looking for cheap things. Its a web site so check it out!
The kitchen is a whole other situation. We are planning on getting new cuboards so we can't do anything else to it until that happens. We have new applicanes so hopefully we can put those in there temporarily so we can live and eat until the cuboards are done. It wont be until the end of may for the cuboards to be installed.
I haven't stayed in the house yet but Matt does since apparently he doesn't mind mess and doesn't need to eat. lol He's weird. He has also had a bunch of parties already! He has the guys over to play cards and drink beer. We seriously have a full size keg in our garage. Hopefully he realizes we are not going to be having gatherings like this once I move in!

I have already met our two neighbors. Both are very nice. The neighbors behind us have 2 golden retirivers that are always barking at us and also have 2 young boys and another baby on the way. The people next to us are older and have one old dog that also barks. Matt hates barking dogs and wants to build a wall to block them but I think Hey they don't growl like Jake so its ok!

Probably after the weekend I will post new pictures of the house, some after photos!! Soon my house will be beautiful and you will all be able to come and hang out.

1 comment:

Molly Ann said...

how come there is never a keg when I come over?! haha! I'll bring my own beer. in reasonable amounts, i.e. a six pack. And I'll share it with you while we watch silly movies or swing on the swingset at the park.