Saturday, March 8, 2008

But you have excellent credit!

Well Matt and I went to our bank appointment yesterday and got a rude awakening. The lady wouldn't give us nearly as much money as we were hoping for. I am not even going to say on here because it is way too embarrassing. The bad thing is is that we have too much debt apparently. I have way too much school loans and Matt has a large car loan. Despite our debt the lady was very impressed with our credit scores. I hate the fact that society pushes people to go to college and then even more college after that, and then once its time to look for a job you can't even find a job that pays you enough that you can afford to pay off your school loans. Whatever!
Now Matt and I are going to have to rethink what type of house we want and probably the neighborhood that we want as well. I think we are also going to meet with a different bank because I don't think this lady knew what she was talking about.
Nothing really interesting happened at work yesterday, I was only there for 3 hours. I did get a call from a landlord because one of my clients has his heat set at 90 and I'm supposed to tell him to turn it down. Well his phone is turned off right now and I am not going over there unannounced because I'm pretty sure he's dealing drugs because I know the Brown County sheriffs Dept is watching the house. So I'll just wait for him to call me!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yeah, I would definitely shop around and see what other banks say. That's good news about your credit though!

I can't believe that guy had his apartment at 90. That's tropical weather.

If you're bored at all this weekend you should give me a call. I have absolutely nothing going on :)