Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Its a small world after all!

So living in Green Bay really shows you how small this world really is. Matt and I were really thinking about this one house in West De Pere so I called the number on the add to make an appointment to see it. This lady then told us that the house was sold but she wanted to show us a similar house. So we go over there and meet with her husband and her to see the house. Afterwards we are talking and I say that Matt is from West De Pere and I am from Ashwaubenon so we are trying to decided which area we like better to live in. And the husband says "oh your from WDP? whats your last name?" And matt says Theisfeldt and the guy says "we are related!" It turns out that this guy is Matt's grandpa's brother! So this couple is Matt's mom's aunt and uncle! The lady also knew Matt's dad's mom because they worked together at P&G. Well that made me think that she would also know my dad and she does! My dad was good friends with her when they both worked at P&G. It was so crazy!
Well Matt and I have seen a couple of houses now. One in ashwaubenon was a 3 bd ranch but it was in rough shape and totally not worth what they were asking. Inside the garage the floor was so cracked it looked like an earthquake went through! We saw another house on Cormier today. It was really nice and updated but the bedrooms were way too small. Now Matt has his eye on this ranch in WDP and he thinks this one is "it". He hasn't even seen pictures of the inside because we can't find any on the web. So we will probably see that one before the week is through. This seems to be happening pretty quickly. But houses are all of a sudden selling quickly because of the nice weather approaching? Thats what the relater said. I am getting really stressed about the whole process. I am really excited about getting my own house but its scary making such a big decision/purchase.
Work has been boring the last two days, I have been stuck in the office doing paper work. One of my clients that I thought was drug dealing and using just got a job today and had to take a drug test. Hopefully he passes. If he does then I will know that my other client is lying when he is telling on this guy. Tomorrow I am going to prison. Thats always interesting. Last time I got ambushed as I was trying to leave the cell block. All the guys were asking me how they could get signed up for my program. Luckily none of them qualified.

2 comments:

Molly Ann said...

so if you two are looking at actual houses, how close are you to the requirements you've given him before you sign?!

Jen said...

That's super crazy that that couple is Matt's great Aunt and Uncle! Sounds like you guys are making good progress with the house hunting. I think it's good to see some houses you don't like because it helps you decide what you really want/need in a house. Also, I second Molly's comment... any news/hints about you know what?