So I have decided to join the blogging world as well. Everyone else is doing it so I guess I'll spill my guts to the world too! Hopefully I'll be able to post on here regularly but my life can get a little busy and I get lazy!
I'll give you a little summary of what I've got going on in my life right now. I work at Family Services as a Corrections Social Worker. That means I go to Oshkosh Correctional Institution one or twice a week to meet with inmates and hold a skills group which teaches them the skills they need to stay out of prison. When I am not at Oshkosh I am a case manager for inmates that are already released. I help them find apartments and jobs and basically survive and hopefully leave a life of crime. I have clients that have murdered people, are serious sex offenders, gang leaders/members, drug dealers, and anything else you can think of. I definitely hardly ever have a boring day at work.
Matt and I have been together forever! We have been talking about marriage and buying a house for awhile now and it actually may happen pretty soon! Matt and I went to open houses last weekend and saw one or two potentials but really, we have to go to the bank and find out what we can afford. We are doing that tomorrow, so it could be a good day or a bad day. Engagement may also be on the horizon because I have told Matt many times that I wont sign any papers until I've got a ring. So we shall see!
My one and only brother is currently serving in the United States Army, and I couldn't be any prouder of him. He left for boot camp the summer of 2005, served 15 months in Iraq, was stationed in Germany for over two years. He is heading back state side in a couple of weeks. He will be stationed at Fort Bragg, North Carolina. It will be great to have him back in the States again, a lot closer than Germany! I support my brother and the military 100% and I believe we need to finish the job in Iraq. My family has a history of military service, my dad was in the Marines and served in Vietnam, my grandpa and his brothers served in WWII. Its a big part of our family.
I've lived in Green Bay all my life but I went to college in Milwaukee and it was an experience. It really opened my eyes to a lot of things since I think Green Bay is a little sheltered! I really would like to travel around the world, especially around Europe. Hopefully I'll be able to do that some day.
Anyways, I am getting bored of being on the computer. Stay tuned for my posts about my future adventures with work and life. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm excited you decided to start one too! I still can't believe your job has you interacting with such dangerous/crazy people. You definitely right about never having a boring day at work!
Post a Comment