Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Inspection

Today we had the inspection on the house today so there is nothing serious wrong with the house so I guess its ours! I am not sure what the next step is, i think we have to plan a closing date.
Anyways, here are the details of the house. Its a 3 bed room ranch in Ashwaubenon. It has a nice backyard and across the street from an awesome park. It has a big basement that Matt is already dreaming about turning into a theater room! lol The house needs a lot of work though. The inspection made me really mad today because I can't believe this guy didn't take care of the house at all in the time he lived there. The house was built in 1973 and a lot of it is still the original stuff. The roof and furnace is original. As well as the bathroom fixtures, kitchen cuboards, and I am guessing some of the carpet. OH yeah and I was kinda happy that the stove is included but it doens't even work! Well the top does but the inside doesn't. And i think they have been smoking in the house, the girlfriend was in the bedroom smoking while we were there doing the inspection! Also this guy let his big black lab jump on the patio door and totally ruined the glass, its so scrached up! I just want to get that guy out of there so I can take care of the poor house! It should be mid april that we move in. Well we wont be moving in right away, we are going to take our time cleaning and putting new carpeting and flooring in first.

But we are both pretty exicted to be moving into our own place soon. It will be great to be independent like that and have your own space that you can do what you want with, not like an apartment.

http://www.era.com/trulialisting/2272112.html?utm_id=20

Here is the link for the house and you can look at the pictures and stuff.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm glad the inspection went well! Only a couple more weeks and it's yours... that's awesome! I think it'll be kind of fun to redecorate and put your own style on the house. Congrats again!